Tuesday, March 15, 2011

day one






My days are filled with dog and art. This morning I let Rumi out to go for our early morning run. Stupidly I didn't leash him. At 6:45 it is now dark again, thanks to daylight savings. Usually no one is around. But these 2 nice women were walking by with their sweet dog on a leash. Dear Rumi felt the need to defend me from the "adverse element" they presented - very loud barking. So embarrassing. I took a photo to show you this famous and protective beast. In the first one you can see how fed up he is. He's a black Portuguese water dog. Unless he is surrounded by white snow, he can easily become a shadow. He is terrible to photograph - you can't see his face ever in photos. Meantime, my art happens to be about perception - being able to see something. I usually think of that being about seeing dimension - and Rumi fits that too. He can look like a flat being when you see him flinging himself up and down the hill in the early morning light.
I'm putting up a photo of the piece I'm in the midst of - I call it Stockholder invites Morandi to dinner - those are the 2 artists I discuss in the latest edition of my thesis.

No comments:

Post a Comment